Get Started for a Free Consultation!

Debt Destroy

Heritage Debt Relief Scam

Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:20 am
Is Heritage Debt Relief, considered  a scam company?Let's check with the BBB:-Not accredited by the BBB-has an F rating-has one customer service complaint that was resolvedand there's also a Heritage Debt Relief, LLC ... 

Stephanie Says Rep Points:
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:25 am
Is Heritage Debt Relief, considered  a scam company?I'm not too sure what "scam" means there, I have not met anybody who's worked with them yet -- but I did look at Heritage Debt Relief, LLC ---not a BBB accredited business-been around since May 2005-has a D-rating-has 1 resolved complaintWhat does that mean? The consumer should go for companies that have better ratings?
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:31 am
I got this review for Heritage Debt Relief - http://www.debtfreedestiny.com/reviews/heritage-debt-relief-llc-review/And then I went to their website and the website looks fresh/updated. It has more information now and it does look credible - until of course, you check them out with the BBB.So are they one of the scam companies? One way to find out is to answer the question, what should an outstanding debt settlement company have? What should it be?

rasputin Rep Points:
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:33 am
Heritage Debt Relief - are they one of the scam companies? One way to find out is to answer the question, what should an outstanding debt settlement company have? What should it be?I'll answer that for you Oracle:-The settlement company's program must have a fast completion time. 12-36 months.-The program must be able to protect and improvethe consumer's credit standing.-Must be a member of the Better Business Bureau, BBB, for at least 5 years.-Must also have a good standing with the Chamber of Commerce-A Member of TASC - The Association Of Settlement Companies and the IAPDA or the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators

Gideon 301 Rep Points:
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:36 am
I'll just add to Rasputin's post:Legitimate debt settlement companies - - where to find their membership online:Better Business Bureau BBB www.bbb.orgTASC www.tascsite.orgUSOBA www.usoba.orgIAPDA www.iapda.org
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:38 am
Nowadays, scam companies are getting savvier and savvier with their lies - aside from checking if they have all those qualifications mentioned - how else can the consumer smell a scam company?

misteranderson Rep Points:
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:41 am
By looking at their claims.Are their claims realistic? Settlement companies can settle debts from 30-75%  (?)What are their guarantees?Do they refund if ever the negotiation fails?Are they able to explain the fee structures?How much do they charge? Settlement companies usually charge 15% of the total debt amount  spread over 18 months or take a percentage of the settlement amount (20-25%)Are the reps always available to assist the client?

rip offs Rep Points:
Posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:44 am
Speaking of legitimate settlement companies, the qualities mentioned above, even if met, do not guarantee a successful settlement for the consumer.The program/company and the consumer's situation (financially and with the creditors)  must match for it to work.Destroydebt.com offers a free initial debt consultation, just fill out a form, and get matched up to the right company.

paulette (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on March 18, 2010 at 8:47 am
NEED A REPUTABLE AND REASONABLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Posted on September 2, 2010 at 10:28 am
I signed a contract with Heritage Debt Relief for their debt settlement services back inlate 2008. They calculated 12% (!!!) of my original enrolled debt amount and deducted this fee from myaccount every month. Struggling to make these payments to them every month (and ultimatelyhaving to use the alloted "savings" from their plan to pay other bills), once I received thesummons and judgement from one of my largest creditors and realized that Heritagewas NOT going to be able to come through on their promise to achieve a settlement with them,I cancelled my account in early 2010. Of course, at this point, they did not argue with mebecause they had already gotten so much of my money!   Throughout all the months that they were taking my money, the only benefit Iachieved from them was the majority of my debt collection calls stopped. I have not reacheda settlement with this largest account, or any other account for that matter!   Now I am facing bankruptcy litigation and need to find out if there's any way to legally goback to them and try to get some or all of my nearly $5,000 back.I have a feeling it's hopeless!
Page: 1 2