Get Started for a Free Consultation!

Debt Destroy

Is Take Charge America A Scam?

Leigh (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on December 22, 2009 at 12:25 pm
TCA has been extremely helpful in helping us clear our debt! We had to pay the one time start up fee of about $75 and then after that our monthly fee was about $35 a month. However, any of your credit cards that participate drop your APR's to a much lower rate (Mine all went down to atleast 6%) while you are on the debt management plan. It also all depends on your debt to income ratio when you go through the initial screening! Which is how they determine if you are eligable and what your monthly rate will be. Good luck :)
Posted on January 6, 2010 at 7:00 am
I used them to repay a very large amount back, I had no problems and would use them again. There is a monthly fee tho so be ware :) but they made my night mare go away!

Jewels (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on January 12, 2010 at 9:34 am
I have been with take charge for the last 2 or 3 years and i have never been more great full at them being able to help my debt.  By the age for 24 i had 65000 in credit card debut and at the age of 28 I will be debut free. 
Posted on February 1, 2010 at 6:04 am
On the whole, a very positive experience.  Basically, they get you a significantly reduced interest rate, no overage fees, etc. on your credit card debt in return for making a fixed monthly payment over a 4-5 year period, come Hell or high water.  Sometimes, you do have to phone in more than once to double-check information, esp. policy info.  However, they have helped me get my debt down from $70K at an average of 25% interest rate to 30K at about 6%, and falling.  As a consumer, I would higly recommend them.  Yes, they are affiliated with credit card companies.  However, it is a little like getting a ticket dismissed in a local court - you need an attorney who plays golf with the local judge. Here, they basically are fronting for the credit cards that want their principal back, but through TCA the credit cards are basically willing to forego some, most or all of their interest payments in order to do so; to me, this is a win-in situation for both parties. I am paying 0.0% on some of my credit cards through these people.  They are not a scam.

Coach (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on February 4, 2010 at 8:11 am
Paid off 80,00 in debt with them in 48 months.

Guest (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on March 6, 2010 at 6:36 pm
From the Take Charge America website on fees: 'There is no fee for the initial consultation with Take Charge America. After reviewing a customer’s debt and financial situation, certified counselors advise clients of any fees to enroll in a debt management plan. Fees typically include a one-time set-up charge and a modest monthly fee, determined by state of residency, which is included in the client’s monthly debt management payment plan.'A contact number for them is 1-866-528-0588.

freshflowers Rep Points:
Posted on March 7, 2010 at 1:17 am
"Take Charge America is NOT a debt consolidation company. They do debt management. They negotiate with your creditors to lower interest rate and accept payment every month. You in turn have them debit your account and they will pay all your creditors. I managed to pay off $20,000 in 2 years with them. They are very customer-service oriented and are a non-profit organization. They only charge a $40 a month maintenance fee, not any percentage of your debt. I give them a 10 +"source: forum http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/settlement/takecharge-america.html. I can tell Take Charge America is not a scam.

bdub (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on March 17, 2010 at 10:55 am
Sounds like a pretty good program. For those of you guys that have gone through this, can you let me know how badly it impacted your credit score? We are constantly getting our credit lines reduced which is killing us anyway. Just wanted to find out what kind of initial damage we can expect in order to get things finally paid off.  

Kadee (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on August 17, 2010 at 7:53 am
I've been with TCA for over 2 years.  My monthly fee is $37.  I've paid off more than 1/2 of mydebt.  I would recommend them.  I've actually rec'd thank you letters from large creditors like Chase thanking me for paying on time and taking charge of my debit.  Looking forward to being debt free in less than 2 years!!

esterlydsl Rep Points:
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 9:52 pm
Since it has been long since you have posted this question, I am interested to know about your experience with the company. Has debt settlement worked for you as per your needs?
Page: 1 2 3