Get Started for a Free Consultation!

Debt Destroy

Obama Debt Relief Grants

Values Rep Points:
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 1:52 am
Can you discuss the obama debt relief grants? I hear about them but don't understand. Thanks.

mhm m Rep Points:
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 3:22 am
Hi there, the reason why you don't understand the Obama debt relief grants - is that it doesn't exist. It's a misnomer for the Obama economic stimulus plan, I think, which doesn't have a direct relationship to debt relief (which is a privately run industry). And the term grant or grants - is different from debt relief.

don'tyoushiver Rep Points:
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 3:30 am
The closests to the obama debt relief grants that I could think of is - the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act of 2009 - which is now in effect.

Stephanie Says Rep Points:
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 4:22 am
Obama debt relief grants - - the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act of 2009 - what it's about ---- -The credit card company can only increase the interest rate if the consumer's payment is 60 days late -Unless the consumer has asked for an over-limit fee, the creditors can't charge the consumer for it. Also, banks may not charge late fees if they were also late in crediting a payment. -Credit card companies may not market to people under the age of 21, without parental permission, or verification of their ability to pay.

Stan Rep Points:
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 4:36 am
To add to that --- -Credit card companies must give the consumers 45 days before they can up the interest rates./// -The consumer's payment must first be applied to the highest interest rate balance.
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 5:36 am
The Obama administration might not have something for you with regards to debt relief but depending on your situation/need - this government site may have something else for you - benefit, grant, aid, etc. http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml
Posted on September 15, 2010 at 9:38 am
I got one of these direct mail pieces offering a grant to pay off my credit cards as part of the stimulus initiative.  Is this the same thing?   

esterdsl Rep Points:
Posted on September 17, 2010 at 1:51 am
Unfortunately there is nothing like Obama's debt relief grants , it's just a propaganda.