Get Started for a Free Consultation!

Debt Destroy

Collection Agency List

Stuttgart Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:07 am
Hi, where can I find a collection agency list or a listing of agencies?

Hellas Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:12 am
Hey there, The Better Business Bureau, BBB has a collection agency list:http://www.bbb.org/boston/accredited-business-directory/collection-agencies/2335/

customer no. 5 Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:14 am
What does it mean for the consumer if the collection agency is on the BBB list?

x and y Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:17 am
What does it mean for the consumer if the collection agency is on the BBB list? It means that the collection agency has agreed to a set of high standards in their business practices.There are many unfair collection practices reported to the FTC and a collection agency that's with the BBB would not dare misstep.

The Question Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:18 am
Can you list down, some of  the characteristics of a good collection agency?
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:22 am
Can you list down, some of  the characteristics of a good collection agency?-aside from accreditation with the BBB-a reputable collection agency must also be a member of The American Collectors Association and TheCommercial Law League of America as they require their members to adhere to their code of ethics--also the members are to be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, as not to violate its rules.

Isabel Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:25 am
A List of what to look for in a collection agency :-ask for proof of insurance. Most licensed collection agencies are required to carry bonds for their particular state and Errors and Omissions insurance, which protects both the agency and client for any errors made by the collection agency. -ask about the recovery rate of  the agency. You would be provided with a percentage. To ensure that it's realistic, ask for references to verify the percentage. Check to see how long it took the agency to collect and if they collected the whole debt or just a portion of what was owed.

Slytherin Rep Points:
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 4:36 am
Wait, why would anybody ask for a collection agency list?

caffeinatrix Rep Points:
Posted on September 24, 2009 at 12:04 am
I think one of the purposes of a collection agency list, Slytherin, is for the consumer or debtor to be aware that such a collection agency exists and that they are not out to scam the debtor. X and Y is right in stating that BBB membership is crucial. The BBB listing may also serve as a reference for the consumer on what to expect if a certain agency is calling them. After all, the BBB aims to establish a good working relationship between companies and customers.

PomPom7865 Rep Points:
Posted on October 20, 2009 at 3:20 am
just by looking at a collection agency list, is there any way that i can find out if they are scamming me or not?
Page: 1 2