Get Started for a Free Consultation!

Debt Destroy

How Can I Repair My Bad Credit History?

taylorswift13 Rep Points:
Posted on May 31, 2009 at 9:50 pm
I asked a credit repair clinic for help but they said that I should pay them $2k up front. I just thought that it was too much...can anybody share some tips on how to repair credit myself?

DD101 Rep Points:
Posted on May 31, 2009 at 10:05 pm
1. Late payments will have a negative effect on your credit rating. So try to pay all your bills on time.2. If you are carrying several credit cards, try to also reduce their number, if you can afford to carry just one, that would be excellent. If you decide to carry just one card, don't forget to write your creditors a request for your accounts to be closed, also to remind them to change their status as such, to the reporting agencies.3. If you can't carry just one card, request for your creditors to reduce your credit limits instead. That way your purchases would be limited. The creditors consider the total amount available on your cards even if you do not owe any amount. 4. Do not file for bankruptcy or avoid obtaining judgment. A bankruptcy stays on your report for  up to 10 years, collections and liens for 7 years, and an unpaid tax lien far longer.5. If you need to reestablish credit, ask a loved one or a friend to co-sign on a small loan with you and make sure that your payments are on time.6. Another way of reestablishing credit is to get a secured card. You would deposit a certain amount of money to retain that account and to cover your charges. Again, always pay on time.7. Be vigilant about your credit report. Obtain a copy every year to monitor for errors.

Karess Rep Points:
Posted on May 31, 2009 at 11:41 pm
Taylorswift13, you can also try checking for errors. There are instances where certain individuals have had messed-up credit reports because they contain incorrect information. Each time you receive a copy of your report, make sure to double check all your personal information--name, SSN, date of birth, addresses and phone numbers--because sometimes the credit reporting agencies may include information that is not yours, due to similarities on the basic information.If you also see any questionable accounts that you knew you never opened, request that this erroneous information by the CRA's. Duplicate a copy of your report, send a copy back to them, and make sure to indicate the errors. It will typically take 30-45 days for the credit bureau to investigate the matter. Once this is completed, they must send you back a revised copy, free of charge.However, if all information on your report appears correct, you need to understand that the passage of time will only remove negative but accurate information on your report. I understand that you may want to fix your credit in the soonest time possible, but you have to wait it out. Keep in mind that it takes seven years for a delinquent account, judgment, lien, repossession, and foreclosure to remain on your credit report, while it takes 10 years for a bankruptcy.
Posted on February 12, 2010 at 6:44 am
How can i repair my bad credit history? - get rid of your debt first, then make surethat all your payments are on time from then on, obtain a copy of your credit reportand look for errors, dispute them if there are, if you have gone through a settlement, i think thatyou would be able to still obtain good deals on loans and get a new credit (unlike bankruptcyyou can bounce back from debt settlement much quicker) -- the mods have basicallytouched on it - you don't need the help of a credit repair company.

The Question Rep Points:
Posted on February 12, 2010 at 6:46 am
A question related to repairing bad credit history is  - what are the factors that influence one's credit?
Posted on March 26, 2010 at 10:55 am

debtreliefnw Rep Points:
Posted on April 7, 2010 at 3:15 am
You have two options when it comes to repairing your credit ... hire someone, preferably an attorney who knows the credit laws; do-it-yourself using a good quality guide and your 3-in-1 credit report;

Kristy (Guest) Rep Points:
Posted on August 5, 2010 at 11:45 am
Credit Repair Service only $29 per month. No Contract! Cancel Anytime! 100% Money Back Guarantee! eCreditAttorney is a group of attorneys that specialize in nothing but repairing credit. http://www.ecreditattorney-marketing.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=5030
Posted on August 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm
Provided you aren't a victim of identify theft or credit card fraud or something like that, the biggest impact that you can start right away to improve your credit score is to make absolutely sure that you pay your bills on time and to reduce your credit card balances.  A recent late or missed payment will make a huge dent in your score; the longer your history of paying on time, the better your score.  Also, you score will be low if you are near or at the limit on all or many of your credit cards. Bankruptcy
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 12:37 pm
commend www.creditmri.com, Andrew was great in helping me get back on track to a better financial future.BEST YET, They Charge no money up front.  You only pay when you see results.You can reach him directly at 888.491.1119 EXT 3105 or on his cell 813.41.0749Here is a direct affiliate link to his page which has a neat video and educates you on how their process works.
Page: 1 2